My research is often conducted in collaboration with international organisations and civil society groups, and I seek to influence governments’ tax policies using the findings I generate. In 2016, I was finalist in the Economic & Social Research Council (ESRC) Award for Outstanding Early Career Impact.
A selection of policy reports I have written is included on the publications page.
Here are some examples of policy engagement activities I’ve undertaken.
UNCTAD World Investment Report 2015
I was an expert adviser on this report, which had a themed chapter on International Tax and Investment Policy Coherence.
Francophone Low-Income Country Finance Ministers’ network, 2015
I spoke via Skype at a workshop on fiscal policy priorities. Here are my slides:
- BEPS Reforms Tough to Implement for Developing Countries. Tax Notes, 22 August 2017
- Donald Trump’s tax plans a ‘massive giveaway’ to richest 1%. Independent, 24 November 2016
- Mauritius rides wave of Asian investment in Africa. Financial Times, 29 September 2016
- Financial Secrecy, Tax Treaties, and the sub-Saharan Extractives Industry. Tax Notes, 2 June 2016
- From slavers to accountants: looters in Africa. Financial Times, 5 October 2015
- Developing Countries’ Options Limited in OECD-Dominated BEPS Discourse. Tax Notes, 28 July 2014